Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The teen section in the library

As a quiet, nerdy middle schooler I spend a large amount of time at the public library. However the library reminds me of just how awkward middle school is. I feel to old for the kids section and whenever I go to the teen/young adult section there are a bunch of high schoolers looking at me as if to say "oh look, a tiny kid who we could crush under our boots." I have just a right as any of them to go into the teen/young adult section, but the thought terrifies me none the less. Middle school is the awkward in between period. Your old enough to have chores and be held responsible for your actions, but not old enough for anyone to respect you, or to be able to go with friends to the movies without a parent, or stuff like that. It's even worse if you're a nerd. I don't know about you, but I'm sick to death of 'yo momma' jokes.

1 comment:

  1. I second that motion! But when the high schoolers give me one of those looks, I send them one right back. I can do what ever I please, thank you very much! The teen section is for middle schoolers too!!

    ReplyDelete