Total Pageviews

Friday, March 9, 2012

Hello, I'm socially awkward

If someone were to ask people in my class who I am they would either say, "Who?" or they would say that I'm a goody two shoes who usually keeps my head down and isn't friends with anybody in the class. If you were to ask my friends they would say I'm a brainy, sarcastic, cynnical, only-nice-if-you-get-to-know-me, nerd. When we're in class we act differently than we do with our friends, we act more closed off because we think we'll be teased, and so we have our walls up. And yet if we acted like ourselves in class we might find that they don't tease us. Being defined as a goody two shoes could go to, "Oh yeah, they're really smart and sarcastic. The other day they told this joke..." You get the idea. I'm not saying we should change ourselves to be popular and I'm not saying we should be popular. I'm saying we should give being ourselves a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment